Yesterday I went to Kyoto. That's 4 hours away. Kashima san, a friend from Urugi likes to drive. He likes to drive English Speakers. Tons of Jets from Nagano know him because they rode with him on trips to places all over, Shizuoka, Kyoto, Tokyo. He's famous among the English Teacher community.
He drove me to Kyoto where I was able to visit a few more shrines and temples. These were definitely some of the most well kept shrines I've seen thus far. Gorgeous. Even stumbled across a little parade festival, not unlike the one I saw last weekend in my own village. What with the "Washoi!" and all.
Next we met up with his friends. 'Met up' might be a little off though. Kashima picked me up after my walk on the Philosopher's Path and they were in the car. I had no idea what was going on and only a vague idea of his relation to the family. We went to see a Kimono Fashion show, then to a great outdoor market on a temple's grounds and last to the area outside the Emperor's Palace in Kyoto. The kids and I climbed trees while the family discussed where we would go for dinner.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment